Viewing your bookmarks
The "MyBookmarks" tab is the tab that you will use the most. It allows you to browse
though your bookmarks in several different ways and allows you to manipulate your bookmark
- Adding new bookmarks and folders
These two boxes allow you to very quickly add new folders and bookmarks.
- To add a new bookmark, simply type in its address (URL). The site will attempt to
automatically retrieve the title and description of the site from the title of the web page.
- To add a new folder, just type in a name for the new folder. The new folder will automatically
be placed in the currently selected folder.
- Resizing the sidebar
These two icons allow you to expand and contract the sidebar to your preferences. If your folders
have long names, you can expand the sidebar so that you can see more of the title by clicking one or more times
on the right arrow.
If you have a limited screen resolution or space such as WebTV users, then make the sidebar smaller by clicking
one or more times on the left arrow.
The default sidebar size can be changed on the Options -> User Preferences page.
These buttons only appear in the "Tree" display mode. See item 6 below.
- Editing a Folder
These 3 buttons allow you to Edit, Move and Delete the currently selected folder (the folder who's contents you are currently viewing.)
This is the primary means for re-organizing your folder structure.
The set of folder editing buttons on the left changes depending on what folder is selected. They also only appear on the left
side when you are in "Tree" display mode. See item 6 below.
- 4. Modifying a single bookmark
These two icons allow you to edit and delete a single bookmark. The small trash can icon allows you to permanently delete
that bookmark, the edit icon takes you to the bookmark edit screen where you can change various options such as: Title, description,
URL and rank.
- Modifying many bookmarks at once
By marking the checkboxes to the left of your bookmarks and then clicking on one of the 3 buttons above or below the bookmark list
you can perform actions on many bookmarks at once. This will help you save a lot of time if you are organizing your collection.
- The "Move" button will move all selected (checked) bookmarks to a different folder.
- The "Delete" button will permanently delete all selected (checked) bookmarks.
- The "Email" button will take you to a screen that lets you email the selected (checked) links to yourself or to a friend.
You will be able to add a personalized introduction and allowed to preview the message before it is sent.
- Changing the display mode
There are currently two different display modes, which are described below. This link allows you to easily switch between
- Tree Mode: In this mode your folders are displayed in a hierarchical tree in the left-side navigation bar similar to a
Windows explorer interface. However due to space restrictions,
if you have long folder names not all the characters can be displayed.
Increasing the size of the sidebar can help,
however in many situations it is difficult to navigate using a tree. This is especially true when you have many levels of folders
(folders within folders within folders, etc.) or for extremely large bookmark collections with hundreds of folders.
This view can only display 2 levels of folders deep at one time.
- Drill-down Mode: When the tree mode is too difficult to navigate, we suggest using the drill-down mode. This is similar to
the Yahoo! style navigation and allows you to see full folder names and allows more space for folder titles and bookmark content.
The major drawback is that you cannot see several levels of folders at once. We suggest using the breadcrumb trail for navigating
around while in this mode.